Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Wednesday 13 February 2008

LOVE IS...

I used to ask a friend how does it feel to be in love and she'd say, "It's a wonderful feeling that wherever you go, you'd wonder if he's there somewhere watching over you." So I thought to myself, is that a good feeling when you just can't feel your 'freedom' IF he's 'just' everywhere you go? Is it a good feeling when you just keep looking and finally find him nowhere to be seen? So I thought to myself, "Well, love is not just 'that' I believe. Love must be shown to all!!"

Personally for me, to love is to fight for the one we love. To love is to be there for him when he's in need. To love is to do everything for him just to put him away from any pain and misery. To love is just, HIM. Him and only him. When I love, HE shall come first, then ME ... Therefore, for all the love that I've had for those in my past, I never have a bit of regret for not seeing any of them work as I have, proudly, shown them 'my love' unconditionally!!!

Recently I met a guy in Tagged, whom I called Seagull (still wondering why he calls himself that really!). We had a long chat over what LOVE really means. The conversation dragged on with us talking about the 'types' of love that we have. It was so 'educational' that eventually I gotta learn all meanings of love, through a perspective of a man.

Confidently, I said to him that I have felt 'love' before, telling him it's an indescribable feeling that nobody can ever figure out how it actually feels. Proudly, I told him how I have treated my loved ones with all my heart and soul, sacrificing almost everything that I ever owned, not regretting any of them. Proud, that's what I felt for I thought I had won the charts of 'the greatest love ever shown'!!

Then he argued, pointing out, how would I love my family then? Because, the love to our family is so unconditional that we'd show it through trust, thoughts and loyalty. A father's love to his child is so unlimited that he'd sacrifice his years of adulthood to see his baby grow with his two bare hands. A mother's love to her child is so great that it can't be measured by any length that she'd pour all her sweat to see her own breed see the world freely.

Our love to our family is so unconditional that however we feel about someone, it can never be as great as the love of a father or mother to their child. Though we had sacrificed everything for the one we so-called 'love', would that be as the same level of the sacrifice made by our family to us? Should we show a person how much we love him? How should we treat him? Care for him? Have what you had done so far made you be 'qualified' as loving someone deeply? If to love is to love unconditionally, how do we do it so as to prove to the world that we do feel that way for the person we love??

The conversation made me wonder whether I ever loved someone unconditionally before or had I just being plainly 'stupid' by trying to prove to everybody 'how much' I have loved him? Or have I just being ... plainly 'dumb' for keep giving and giving and never get anything in return??

Really Seagull, you've made my head go round thinking of what we talked about. Thank you for the chat and really, you've made me think of the real meaning of LOVE ... and still searching ...

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)