Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Friday 29 February 2008

29th February ~ A Date To Remember!

Hi everyone! Happy 29th Feb! To some people maybe it’s just a date but to others and myself, it’s a big date really. I learnt the tradition of 29th Feb from my lecturer at UBD, saying that the date is when girls propose to men, just like the typical trend where men proposing to girls. It’s a date when girls are expected, shall I say, to express their feelings to guys they admire and adore. Sweet isn’t it :)

I remember that time when Miss Ann told us about the date. It was 29th Feb. One of my classmates then jokingly said that he’d stand on the first floor of the lecture theatre and scream to all girls in the campus to propose him! Hehehe :D he’s a funny lad! I miss him. We all miss him. Unfortunately, he’s now not in the shape of making jokes with us like before. One night in 2001, he fell in a coma and now, he’s paralyzed.

He was a good friend. An ‘A’ student in fact. Helping us with assignments and all! Hehe! He was so funny! I remember one day, he went speeding along the road infront of the CLT and had to stop as he left his books and papers on the rooftop of his car!! In the end, he had to get out and picked up all the mess along the road! He just gave me his stupid smile while I laughed out loud for his clumsiness! He was also there when I was down and in need of a true friend who’d lend an ear. He even shared his love stories with me while waiting for the lectures to start. He’s a sweetheart. I do hope that one day, he’ll be the guy we all know and joke around with, just like before…

So, yeah… every 29th Feb, I’d remember him. Somehow, he’d pop up in my head everytime the date comes. I haven’t met him for a while now. I do hope he’s fine and getting better.

I also remember one time, when I was in the car waiting for my mum shopping, I was listening to the radio. It was when Capital FM was still around so was listening to this show on 29th Feb. It was so romantic when the girls proposed their men on air! There was also a little girl calling the deejay that she was in love with her class teacher. She even proposed to him on air! It was hilarious but sweet at the same time as the girl was only 7 years old :) How magical the date is that gives girls as young as that age to make such move and not embarrassed about it at all.

And today, I went out with Sharul :D First, we sent my car to the car wash then we had lunch at Aminah Ariff, having ambuyat and all the tasty dishes. Yummy!! Then off we went to Bismi and Mubarak. I bought stationeries there (I lost my pencil case, again! Been 2 weeks now and it’s really hard working without it!!). Then we took my car at the car wash then we went to The Mall to do some shopping for my toiletries at Winmark. Then we went downstairs at Utama Grand and bought an air freshener for my room. I had been wanting to buy it for ages! I hesitated at first to spend so much on an air freshener but of course, he made me buy it. He’s good at both controlling and persuading me in whatever I do. It had been like that for years I was with him :) A sweet memory to remember really…

I had a good time today. I didn’t make proposal, though I was the one asking him out :) I missed him so badly. Afterall, we were together for 6 years. Of course it takes time to erase the feeling I have for him, though I have chosen to let him go.

29th Feb! Another memory to remember now. One day, I’ll make that proposal to a guy I’m sure to live with for the rest of my life. When? Of course, on 29th Feb! The date will come and I will take all the chances I get. It will be another good memory to remember too!

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)