Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Sunday 15 August 2010

The must-have kuehs in Ramadhan

Here are two recipes from our kitchen especially in Ramadhan: the "Kueh Cucuk" and "Kueh Putri Mandi". I just observed mom and sister doing the mixing up but later on did some helping out shaping the mixed flour into balls or kuehs. Good luck at trying them out girls! :)

The ingredients:

1. 2 big spoons of tapioca flour / tapioca starch

2. 1 tin of Ayam Brand coconut milk (santan) cream

3. 1 teaspoon of apple green colour

4. 1 teaspoon of "perasa" pandan leaves

5. 1kg of (shredded) coconut

6. Sugar to taste


--> The mixing:
Mix the flour with the coconut milk, colouring and pandan taste.


--> The shaping of "Kueh Cucuk" into tiny green balls..

--> The shaping of "Kueh Putri Mandi" with sugar filling..
--> Then cook both ball shapes into boiling water in a pot..Tips: the kuehs are ready when they have floated about after a few minutes


-->Separate the two:

--> "Kueh Cucuk" balls to be mixed with shredded coconut that has been cooked with sugar..
--> And mix "Kueh Putri Mandi" balls with shredded coconut that's been cooked without sugar..
--> "Kueh Putri Mandi" on the left and "Kueh Cucuk" on the right <--

:) GOOD LUCK! :)

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)