Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Monday 28 January 2008

Me Then Vs Now

As a child, I was born with my cheeky attitude. Smaller friends of mine would be victims of my wickedness. Looking back, I shake my head for what I was as a child. I remember a classmate of mine back in primary school saying what a bully I was that she used to cry because I was so awful to her! I could feel my cheeks burning as we were in Uni at that time. Others heard her remarks and gave me the ‘look’. That was just embarrassing…

I was also not really good in studies. I was (and still am) very weak in calculations and could never have a clue ‘why’ we should learn Chemistry. A close friend of mine, who is a Chemistry teacher, actually screamed at me when I told him about ‘my thought’ of Chemistry as ‘a waste of students’ time’. I shrieked as he was driving along a roundabout! Imagine what could possibly happen at that time!! In the commotion, he attacked me with numerous questions: “What makes the clothes you’re wearing? What makes the grip on the road when you drive?” bla bla bla… I shrugged (well, I wanted to say ‘wool’ makes clothes we’re wearing and the tyres’ thickness make the grip on the road but, well, just letting him win ahaha!) He said, it’s the formula in Chemistry help making things together. Without Chemistry, we can never have things bind together!! Satisfied, he smiled seeing my two wide eyes of awe. I never knew that!!! I guess I had a bad Chemistry teacher back in High School then! Or it’s me who was just… slow! :(

But then, I won’t say ‘No’ if ever I heard my teachers said what a weak student I was. Well people, for one, I am very bad with numbers. You give me a set of mathematical problem, I’m sure going to end up crying trying to solve it ‘without’ my calculator! But I do remember one Maths teacher I had when I was in Sec 1. He was so good that I can still remember the BODMAS formula (Yea yea! I know! Anyone can still remember that haha!). And in Sec 3, I got the highest mark in Maths. I became the centre of attention that day as classmates asked me where I had my tuition. Waaa! That feeling was just… Phew! Terangkat yoh! Hehe…

Then another subject I was weak at, English! I only enjoyed English in Primary School. All was fun in English. We had speech club, poster competition and I can still remember my English teacher in Primary 3, Mrs. Alison. She gave us this ‘star’ to be recorded and in the end, students with the highest number of stars got the present. Of course I won hehe :) Then in Secondary School, everyone I knew didn’t use the language much plus, our English teachers were not as fun as Mrs. Alison. English became a nightmare in my Secondary years. Eventually, I got Credit 6 in my O’Level English (one of the 3 students who scored credits in my school really)…

But, that was me then. Now, maybe I still can’t be good at Maths or calculations and making sense of Chemistry. But one thing for sure guys, I am now more fluent in English!!!

I had very low self esteem in my ability speaking in English. I could only write but not speak as good. So last year, I re-took English O’Level Exam. Today, just after work, I heard the news that the result was out. Guess what people! I got “A”! :) Now, I am more confident!

Just want to share with you guys here. My little brothers also got impressive results. My brother, Puchen, got “C” for Geography and Maths and “D” for Chemistry in A’Level. My youngest one, who sat for O’Level, got “A” for Malay, “B” for Maths and Physics and “D” for English and Chemistry. Tonight, we’re going out dinner, the whole family. We also plan to have a barbecue next Saturday at our place :)

My two younger sisters in Uni now also got good results recently. One got grade “C” while the younger one got “B”. They have just filled in their forms pursuing Masters for next year’s entry. I wish they will get it! :)

From all these, now I believe, what we were before, would not necessarily reflect what we are now! As for me, the happiest persons in the world at this very moment are my parents! :) They have worked so hard on us all and we have shown our best for them! Mum and dad, these are for you!! :)

1 comment:

teacher normas said...

Well, congrats to you and your brain..hehe...I am happy for you. How I wish my english as damn good as yours.haha...but I know I can do it.hehe..I will try to improve it.hehe...

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)