Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Sunday 22 June 2008

Kampong Sungai Matan Tour

It was an invitation from Jungle Dave, the manager of Mona Flora Fauna Tours. I have travelled within Brunei with their help and each one of them was wonderful and educational. I now have learnt a lot of things, though not overall, but one thing for sure, there are places for us to visit in Brunei! Places I never knew about! Thanks to Jungle Dave and his team. A job well done! Again! :) Have a look at the pictures I took during the tour today. Enjoy! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A nice weather for the tour. A beautiful sight ahead too. Now, we're heading towards Chermin Island, passing by several villages on both sides.

We learnt that Kg Sg Bunga is developing homestays to attract more tourists to come to their village so as spend more time in the Water Village. It's about time Brunei has this people! And I'll be ONE of the tourists! :)

One of us shrieked when this little fish jumped and *kissed* her cheek hehe :p Azman, our tour guide, explained that, it is not a rare thing having live fish dives into fishermen's boats. Amazing huh! :) And do you know that we could actually find Bottlenose Dolphins here in Brunei River? :D I was the happiest finding out that information today!! I hope to see them some day!

After a short stop near Chermin Island and a brief history of it by Faizal, we headed towards the mangrove area. Azman and Faizal briefed us on the mangrove species and animals found in Brunei. The boat stopped when one spotted a mangrove snake on the palm leaves ~ sun-bathing as what Azman said. Mangrove snake is nocturnal which is active at night. It needs light during the day to gain energy. Something new for me there!

Having the longest bridge in the Water Village and the only true fishermen village still existed, Kg Sg Matan with only 500+ villagers have grown to be the pride of the country for producing a lot of seafood products in the market. I never have known this if I didn't join the trip! Thanks Mona Flora Fauna Tours! :)

Our next stop. Notice the floating bottle! It's a painful sight really! Can't we do something about this???

The sight from the inside. Nice huh! Can't believe a Water Village house could look like the ones on land :)

A demo of making Lekor Cracker. It's really simple, so I learnt :) I bought two packets of the cracker, cost me $5.00. Not bad huh! Am gonna make my own soon hehe ..

Taking a picture with a grandma aged 70+ who once won the Fishing Contest Award. Next to her is the Head Village of Kg Sg Matan :)

Trying my skill in making the shrimp paste (belachan). Watching over is Faizal, our tour guide. I'm impressed with his good English speaking. He's also fluent in Chinese. A bright future for him in tourism industry :)

Observing the kids arranging the fish meat on the case before drying it under the sun. I admire the 'culture' in this village. The adults nurture the young ones on the division of labour in producing the family products :)

Tasting the products sold in one of the villagers' house. Not bad at all. I bought a packet of 'liking' fish. Guys! You should drop by the village. Drop by and see the Head Village at Simpang 702, No. 702, Jalan Kota Batu (just after the Royal Yatch Club).

Feeding the fish in the 'aquarium'. The males tried their skill in throwing the net. I didn't manage to take pictures of it as I was too excited to see how it's done :) We also saw a jelly fish so this male participant tried to catch it with the net but with no luck hehe :p

The banner says: WELCOME TO KAMPONG SUNGAI MATAN. A quick pose before leaving the village. We were served lunch, of course fresh seafood caught by the villagers :) I had fun! Thanks again Mona Flora Fauna Tours!! Keep it coming!!! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

PS: Happy Birthday Bapa Kami! :) Jangan marah-marah saja. Karang tinggi darah ehhehhee .... Semoga panjang umur and murah rezeki (dapat bagi-bagi kami semua eheh!) Mwahz! :x

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)