Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Thursday 15 May 2008

What An Exhausting Week!!!

Hey .. I finally got the chance to take a short nap this afternoon. My usual afternoons were spent on extra time at work, which I must say, real exhausting :( Besides, I am so down upon my decision on cancelling my trip to Hong Kong and Shenzen. Yea. I have finally decided that. Even Yanti and her Bf are thinking of postponing their trip to Hong Kong too cause of the dreadful recent earthquake in China. She surfed the net and found out that Hong Kong was last shaken in late 1970s so, the possibility of earthquake happening there is rather high, don't you think?

Now, I am opening the world map on which country I should go to in June. I got an invitation by Mo so I did my homework online and Bahrain seems a nice country to visit. Yet, it's a long journey and with the bad weather lately, I have visions of me stranded in some airports cause of flight delays. I don't want that to happen people! I've had enough of bad vacation in KK last time!!

So now, here are some bits of info of my busy week. Will try making it short! ;)
===========================================================

~~Sunday 11.05.2008~~

I woke up early cause I promised my elder sister to drive her to KB. She wanted to straighten her hair and having no sense or direction herself, she turned to me!! We met Zean at her place then she took us to Maggi Salon in KB. Having no plan to straighten my hair, I finally had my hair rebonding too! It lasted for 5 hours! Man! My butt was aching!!! Zean bought us KFC burgers for lunch. The salon has a beautiful view as it faces the KB River. So, after rebonding, we took pictures by the river. By 5pm, we rushed home as I had to attend The Dream Ascends Concert at 7pm.

On the way home, it was so windy that the car shook on the road. Dry leaves and branches were waving about in the air and hit our window screens. As we approached Jerudong, the sky was thick with dark clouds and it was just turning 6pm. My sister rolled down the window sensing the air temperature when we spotted some white clouds blown to one direction, as if a tornado was about to form. It was indeed a scary scene. Never in my life witnessed such weather ..

By 6.15, we got to Top Bake Shop, buying our mum a cake. She loves durian so we bought her a durian flavour cake. At 6.30, we reached home and mum was ironing while watching her favourite Korean series. We surprised her with the cake, just wearing her 'home singlet' haha :p Happy Mother's Day Babu Kami!!! :)

At 6.45, I grabbed my pashmina, twisted it around my body and pinned it to my green blouse. I met Johnny and his friend at ICC by 7pm. Kiem and Jeffrey joined us later on. The concert was entertaining, especially when little kids dancing and playing their musical instruments on stage. I left my camera in the car so I only snapped some pictures using my phone. Most of them turned blurry :(

The second part of the show was even much better that the first part. I had Jollibee burger on the concert break. I was so hungry!! The concert ended at 11pm. I went straight to bed, feeling better after another hours of sitting down at the concert.


=== Rebonding in process ===



=== Vouge poses, with our new hair near KB River :) ===


=== With "Our Mum's Cake" =) ===

=== Waaa! Sexy nya babu!!! :p ===

=== Cute kan babu kami!!! ;) ===

=== Cutting the cake! Happy nya babu!! :) ===

=== Mom with 6 children ~ the other 3 weren't home ===

=== The Dream Ascends free tickets, courtesy of the Expression Music School. Thanks!!! ;) ===

== I love this woman! She had the best vocal that night!! Bravo!!! ==

===========================================================

~~Monday 12.05.08~~

Just the usual at work and the afternoon meeting was fruitful. I finally managed to gather all the important details of a paper I am assigned to do. I also told the girls about my plan of cancelling my trip to Hong Kong and Shenzen. Apparently, Kiem had told them about it and they were not happy, especially Lulu. I passed my 1700 China notes to Niza and Mas. Keeping the money in my wallet was just ... hurting [sigh!]

Later, I received Yanti's offline message on HFM Disease that killed 22 children in China. It's the pendamic that made my mum so freak out to let me go on the trip. When I read to her the info, she replied me with a question ~ how much is my ticket to Hong Kong. I told her it's almost B$600. She said, what a waste. So taking a bit of chance out of it, I asked her whether I could still go or not. She replied, "You'll be angry if I stopped you so, GO!"

I take that as a "NO". Mothers!! They are so good at everything! They're the best cooks! The best teachers! The best nurses! And the best of all, they are so good with WORDS! Even use them to manipulate our brains! Ish!!

I had my massage therapy today too. Had Lamb Sizzling at Jerudong Park Restaurant for dinner. I reached home at 10pm, stuffed and exhausted!


=== My used-to-be 1700 China notes :( ===
===========================================================

~~Tuesday 13.05.2008~~

I had to stay at work again today. Got to finish the paper for Thursday's meeting. I got so stressed out that I went out with Sharul later on at 5pm. We watched "Something Happens In Vegas" starring Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kutcher. It's a cool movie and real funny! Lovely too! We had dinner at Charcoal later on and the waiter got us the wrong dish, AGAIN!! We wanted the right one but they said the one we ordered was not available. It's just annoying!!

I went online when I got home later, finding another info about China. Now, it got hit by a 7.5 richter earthquake!! 20 thousand people were killed. Schools collapsed and fell to the ground, with 900 children inside. I was shocked learning this news from Mamashasha. She was concerned about my trip to Hong Kong and China and begged me not to go.

I called Mo that night, telling him on my disappointment over my "Unlucky-to-be" trip that I had to cancel. He invited me to Bahrain instead, maybe just to soothe me. Thanks dude! ;) I went surfing on Bahrain later on though hehe :p

Well, maybe it's meant to be that I should cancel the trip now. Maybe I'll have it next time ... Thank you mum. Thank you Mamashasha. You were right. A mother's instinct is the strongest :)
==========================================================

~~Wednesday 14.05.2008~~

The afternoon meeting lasted till after 4pm. I was exhausted as the morning was so packed with "dumped" work from the admin. A coleague was so upset that she cried, feeling "unworthy" over all the work she had done for the admin all this time. Another coleague of mine commented that for 10 years working with her, she had never seen her cry, ever. You can see now how my hectic week has been ...

I left the office at 5.15pm. Continued doing my paper for today's meeting at home. By 11pm, I finally hit my bed. It felt so good!!!

I woke up today with a text from Mo saying what a bad day he had had too. Man! We need some time off! SOON!!

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)