Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Friday 30 May 2008

The Singaporeans Visit

Singaporean delegates are visiting our school since last Monday. They only confirmed us about it last week and our chief wanted us to prepare this and that in less than a week! Our school was preparing both school-based and outdoor activities. The school-based included Debate Competition (which the Bruneians won! :p), traditional games (the Singaporeans made kites, played tinting and simban and many more games), making Brunei dishes (they tried preparing Ambuyat and Kelupis), Cultural Night Show, the Technology Challenge and friendly sports match.

I was in-charged of the Cultural Night Show where I trained 20 students performing a Lela Menchanai Theatre and a traditional dance; Chabok-Chabok Bertali Rambai. Other officers did other performances like drama, koir, nasyid, hadrah (a traditional musical instrument), several other traditional dances, syair and poems. 15 performances altogether that night, with Singaporean students performing two; Dikir Barat and syair.

Among these things, we also hosted several functions within the week so it's been very hectic. With only 3 days of intensive training, the Cultural Night Show was a success! Everyone had a job well done! I wouldn't say much here as I need the lil bit of my energy left to do the 'untouched' work later.

Thank God it's a holiday this Saturday! It means, we're going to have a 3-day off this weekend!! Yeaahooo!!! :D Well, people!! Enjoy the pictures! ;)

=========================================================

=== The welcoming attempts. See clearly. Both flags are made of bottles!! The Singaporean students were amazed!! ===

=== My beloved students! Thanks guys for helping me with the flags!!! Mwahz!! :D ===

=== The Singaporean teacher from Broadrick Secondary School. Our school is hosting their visit here to Brunei for 5 days ===

=== Before the play ===

=== After the play. Phew!! What a relief!! There were some technical problems that night but the performers did their best. Turned out to be, the audience loved our performance and overlooked the problems on stage. Glad they loved it! :) ===

=== The guards and dancers. One of these boys does look like you, don't you think Mo? :p ===

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)