Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Friday 4 April 2008

Ayat-Ayat Cinta ~ Love Verses~

Hello people! I am reading a book entitled "Ayat-Ayat Cinta" written by Habiburrahman El-Shirazy, an Indonesian author. A friend of mine has caught my attention on the book, saying how good it is that I finally bought it. Believe it! I had to go to a number of bookstores looking for it! He was right! It's a novel people are crazy about. And now, I am crazy about it! I had to leave it in my car to make me stop reading it!! It's so addictive that I have to stop myself or else I can never have my home-rest after work. Besides, it's a good book that I just don't want to finish it sooner. I am enjoying reading finally people! :p

It's made into movie now and I heard that it's popular back in Indonesia. I haven't watched it, though my mum and the rest of my family have ~ I want to finish reading first! I went online and I found the movie's blurb. I guess you all must be wondering what the book (movie) is about so, read through. You'll get some ideas about it...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Fahri bin Abdullah is a poor, intelligent student who wins a scholarship to complete his graduate degree at Egypt's esteemed Al Azhar University. Very disciplined and dedicated by nature, Fahri embraces his life in Cairo, completing his studies and translation of religious books with full enthusiasm, exactly according to pre-determined targets.

Only one goal is left unattempted: the pursuit of marriage. For Fahri is innocent and pure, and doesn't believe in the concept of relationships prior to marriage. He is inarticulate and shy around women. All his life, only two women have been close to him -- his mother and grandmother.

Life changes drastically in Egypt for he suddenly finds himself surrounded by four beautiful, distinctly different women.Maria Girgis, a shy, open-minded Coptic-Christian neighbor who is attracted to the teachings of the Holy Al Quran, finds herself falling in love with Fahri (a fact she only reveals to her diary).

Nurul, a student at Al Azhar like Fahri, is the Muslim daughter of a renowned Indonesian cleric. Fahri feels unworthy of her and thus ignores his feelings for her, leaving her confused and guessing.

Noura, an abused Egyptian neighbor, develops strong romantic feelings for Fahri, who in turn simply sympathizes with her situation. His romantic rejection destroys her and eventually leads to a false accusation of rape.

Aisha, a German Turkish student in Cairo haunts Fahri with her beautiful eyes. Following an incident on the metro where Fahri defends her against narrow minded bigoted Muslims, both immediately develop feelings for each other.

As the story unravels, the protagonist makes the audience face the daunting decisions he himself faces, and forces us to marvel at his undying loyalty to the true ideals of Islam as he ultimately makes the choice of a lifetime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to add some more to that...

It's a book that teaches us the value of humanity, peace and equality, not only to the world of the Muslims but also those of others. It teaches us morality through its flowing beautiful story while at the same time showers us with the holy messages taken from the Al Quran and Al Sunnah Salallahu 'Alaihi Wassalam. Readers' minds flow and wonder the true beauty of Islam in this book. It is suitable for all readers, Muslims or non-Muslims.

I do hope it has its English version. I'd love to share it with all so everyone will know that Islam is NOT just a belief. You will know what I mean after reading this book...

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)