Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Sunday 24 August 2008

Death Race

The very first thought that came to my head in the first few minutes of the movie was ... "Huh?? WTH??"

First, I tend to question the possibility of US to become bankrupt in 4 years to come, and secondly, would Americans really watch the "Death Race" show for real?? I mean, from the movie, 700 millions people were watching the so-called reality show - "Death Race". I don't dare to watch deaths in movies, much more on reality TV. Naah! I don't think "Death Race" will ever be popular if it DOES go on air in 2012!

But then, come to think of it, people would do anything to gain profit from the audience. All this time, movie industries have been trying to attract audience to watch their movies, singers been trying so hard composing new songs and beats, even athletes been putting up with pressures of hitting new records in sports competitions. Why do they do these? They'd say for satisfaction but at the end of the day, they got the income in return for their hard work.

Watching Death Race today made me think. I used to like shows like this. I was a great fan of Akademi Fantasia (see the past tense verb of 'is' there). Year by year, I found myself getting bored of the show thus, I now have not watched the seasons for 3 years. I bet the AF people do try to attract or at least keep their audience so to get more money through the voting system and to keep the show going. Lots of surprises were added in to make the show attractive but despite those, I just can't stand the sight of those AF students.

Now, back to the movie. It didn't get the audience to vote for the racers or anything but it did make the pioneer of the show to use an innocent man to replace the racer, Frankenstein, who was lost in the game before. He was the most likable in the show so attempts were made to keep him in jail, till in that one final race, he died. The innocent man, Jensen, was put in jail after being accused of murder. Why him? 1. Cause he used to race, 2. He resembled Frankenstein, even his voice.

I found the movie .... freaky to watch!! It's freaky when what I saw 'could' be happening behind any reality shows we're watching on TV right at this moment. Imagine that!!

I rank the movie 7/10. It'd be 5/10 if the ending wasn't cool ;) The last 20 minutes of the movie was awesome, I must admit. The rest was just violent!! But I love the ending :)


PS: In the middle of the movie, when the moment of truth was gonna be conveyed, the screen went blank, showing an exploding film strip. Sharul and I, and some other audience left the cinema. It was freezing cold in there!! The next 10 minutes, the movie started again, skipping from the scene we were watching before, erk!!

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)