Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Friday 22 August 2008

Two Parts

~ ~ Books Hunt ~ ~

I know! Me? Hunting books? Yikes!! I can't believe I spent my precious Friday morning in a bookstore, something I never did in my life before! Lulu took me to Jerudong to Reader's Haven. As I said before, we need to hunt for some books to add to our limited reading resources for the kids before August ends. Yesterday we showed our bosses the ORT and some other readers that we think are good for the students. We ended up getting 2k as another teacher in the department also proposes for another set of books to buy. So yeah, this morning we started hunting!

Now this took me a few trials before really typing this sentence out. Ermmm .... I enjoyed my time at the bookstore *blushing ting! ting!* Reader's Haven is indeed HEAVEN for us. We picked a number of sets and they only cost us $218.90!! We couldn't look for any better books cause we got to save some cash for the ORT sets. I texted Andrew to prepare the quotation and later at around 6pm I met him at Serusup. So far, we have spent B$1571.08 altogether. I told Lulu to find more to spend the rest of the money :) Of course she loves to!! Right Lulu?? :p

Here are some pix I took at Reader's Haven. It's so cozy and the books are just awesome!! I'm dragging Zima there soon!! :D ~ I don't mind spending some time there next time. I think I'm falling in love with books already *blushing* hehehe ....

~ The bookstore from a corner's view. On the right is the entrance ~

~ The rows of books. It's nice having a bench in between. Comfy! ~

~ The corner taken from the other side of the store. I like how the books are arranged, and with that sofa, it's just fabulous. It's messy though hehe. Lulu and I were hunting remember ;) That handbag is mine kekeke ~

~ The books that we spent on. Lots of varieties, colourful and ermm ... CHEAP!! :D ~



~ ~ Zainul's Day ~ ~

After having lunch with Lulu at Happy Dean’s (BCR was closed), I dropped by Mamashasha’s place to get my camera’s battery. I needed it for Zainul’s appointment as an officer cadet at 2.30pm later on. I still can’t find my charger so every time I need to re-charge it, she’d do the honour to do so :) Thanks darl! And it’s nice to see you today. I hadn’t seen her for ages! And Shasha has grown taller!! She gave me her ‘Big Hug’ and blew me kisses saying ‘I Love Youuuu’. Awwwwe! I love that kid!! :)

At 2.30pm, we were at Berakas Camp. Zainul and his comrades looked so handsome! I have always loved men in uniforms! Of course, my brother was the most handsome among all ;) ~ Babyloba would not agree with me there I’m sure hehehe :p

The Pehin who presented the ranking arrived at 3.30pm. I zigged-zagged through the thick crowds trying to get a better view of Zainul’s Day. Silly me, I DIDN’T click the recording button, mistakenly believing that I had! Sheesh!! I only realised my ‘stupidity’ after the Pehin passed Zainul the rank. Adush!! Marah Tuan Zainul! :S

Soon after, we had pictures taken and some refreshments. I gotta say, the navy uniformed officers were the smartest in the hall today! I could take their pictures forever!!

At after 4pm, we all left to Sungai Akar Camp. We were welcomed by officers and briefed on the cadets’ 6 weeks training. Zainul and his colleagues will not be allowed to get any contact with anyone outside the camp while in training, not even texting or making calls. We’re cool about it cause he was away from home for 2 years when he was finishing his course in Portsmouth. He graduated last year.

The only touching part is, he will miss Ramadhan with us, again this year. He came home from UK after Hari Raya last year and we’re looking forward to spend his first Ramadhan with us this year, after being away for 2 years. Sigh~ It is for the best. It’s nice knowing he’ll be in our mum’s embrace on the night of Syawal :) Yet again, he’ll continue his training on the 3rd of Syawal ..

Above all, I am proud of him :) He’s got the best result in the interview before he got the rank. He was also the best student in his batch in UK. Now in training, I won’t be surprised if he gets to be the best among those officer cadets :) Well, come to think of it, everyone deserves to be the best! Why? They all ARE!! :)

Enjoy the pictures! I'm sure you girls will find them hot!! Ssstttt ... :p












~ Getting ready for the Big Day :) ~












~ Looking at the future so bright ~

~ All ready and lookin' neat ;) ~

~ With dad hehe :p ~

~ With our proud mum and dad ~

~ The DAY ~

~ Leaving Berakas Camp heading to Sungai Akar Camp ~

~ Goodbyes .... ~

~ Babyloba and her other half :) Keep it lovin' guys! :D ~

PS: To Babyloba, don't worry too much. 6 weeks will pass by quickly before you know it dear :) Keep yourself busy and I'm sure, Mamashasha and Shinegirl will take good care of you while your other half is away, right girls? :)

PPS: To Syikin, thanks so much for Zainul's pictures dear. Marah Tuan Zainul I missed taking the video keke :p Luckily you took the pictures of him given the rank. Thanks again :) Cheers!!

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)