Seconds ticking to our Big Day

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Seconds ticking since Suzila is HIS

Tuesday 16 September 2008

Blessed!

The day started off rather annoying for me! We were having Khatam Al-Quran ceremony at work which us females were told to wear black, the males blue. I found my black baju kurung and scarf but NOT the sarong! I was late and the only nearest baju to black that I could find was my old dark blue baju kurung with the katok. Embarrassing eh wearing that baju to work! Cheh!!

The ceremony started at 10am and ended with the giving out of donations to the orphans. Later on, I waited for Boss no3 to type me the letter of acceptance of the school's donation to the 3 KB siblings. I had to be at Seri Kandi Restaurant at 2pm. Luckily Zean was willing to help me with the directions. I had no idea where it was.

I reached her place at 10 minutes before 2pm. By 2 sharp, we were at the venue. We were the first to arrive, when we thought we were late! Fuhh!! I finally met Liza and Iskandar and I finally said my appreciation to them personally. Really guys! Without them, I don't think we all know what's really happening behind the beauty and treasures of our beloved country. I told them that we do know there are people who are deprived out there but it's the attempt like what they're doing now that has helped us to reach out to this group and lend them a hand to see them get through the obstacles in life.

The 3 siblings made their entrance after 3pm. I talked to one of the teachers who are taking care of them and she said that the 3 kids left their hostel and went to their uncle's place so that was why they were late. The function started straight away with Bobby, the eldest of the 3, read his appreciation and gratitude to the audience for their help and contributions. Later on, Liza welcomed everyone to hand their donations to the children.

I went second, after the other donator from Bandar. She's a student of PTE who came with her family. We had a quick chat about the siblings while waiting for them. I handed Bobby the school's donation and took pictures with them later on, also with other familiar faces I met there. Of course with Liza too, our heroin!! I didn't take one with Iskandar as he was busy snapping photos of everyone in the event. I left the restaurant at 3.30pm, taking another picture with the siblings at the entrance of the restaurant. The latest news I got, they've received a total of B$3,500 from everybody from today's mass donation event, Alhamdulillah! :D Click here , here and here for more stories and photos of them :)

I got home at roughly 4.45pm. Thank God to my Bollywood CD movies soundtrack. The songs kept me upbeat and alert all the way to BSB as I stepped on the 120km/hr speed (shhhh!!). Reaching home, I went online and chatted with Arzi on YM. The time passed quickly as I got ready for the staff sungkai at Riverview Hotel later on. It was a farewell dinner for Mr. Teoh, an expat who had finished his contract. I had to be there by 6pm. I was late of course and 5 minutes later, the beduk was heard. Gosh! I was so thirsty!! The air bandung tasted sooooo heavenly good!!!

As usual, the staff gathering took forever to adjourn. I had fun though cause this year's been hectic and all we spent on was work and work and work! We kept news up-dated and gossipped the forever-kept annoyance on the table! Hehehe ... What a blast!! We went separate ways at after 9pm, all stuffed and sleepy.

What a blessed day to remember!!


PS: Enjoy the pictures!! My eyes are shutting my views now huhu ... Nitey nite people!! :)

No comments:

I AM AN ARIES: The Daredevil (huh??)

Energetic (yea, in many ways)

Adventurous and spontaneous (definitely)

Confident and enthusiastic (yup!)

Fun (hmm ... I should ask my friends that!)

Loves a challenge (100%)

EXTREMELY impatient (well, I hate waiting. Does that count??)

Sometimes selfish (am I??)

Short fuse; easily angered (hell yeah!)

Lively, passionate and sharp wit (hmm ... No comment!)

Outgoing (for sure!)

Lose interest quickly - easily bored (most of the time)

Egostical (in some ways; my baby says "in MANY ways" LOL!!)

Courageous and assertive (I agree!)

Tends to be physical and athletic (hmm ... Naah!!)

dumpr.net

Fun with your photos
Created with dumpr.net - photo fun

My engagement: 01.01.10

My engagement: 01.01.10
Suzila Ahmad

The engagement ring :)

A cake from him

For him

With my dad & Sharul's :)

With my mum and his :)

With two of my closest girlfriends: Azean & Yanti :)